This was taken directly from – Build Advice For Graphic Design Computer
The link is directly to PCPartPicker website. Interesting .. have been playing around a bit but .. here is what this guy chose/suggests. Not promoting any of this by any means (I’m not knowledgeable enough for that) .. just a place to start looking around .. but everything I could check out .. checks out. I made a few minor adjustments in the original list.
- CPU : Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
- CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard – Review by Computer Shopper: Our Verdict: Despite including connectors for virtually every kind of monitor (and a slot for an mSATA SSD), the GA-Z77X-UD5H is actually less expensive than many similarly equipped competitors. It’s an excellent base board for everything from a dual-monitor productivity PC to a quad-video-card gaming powerhouse.
- Memory: Mushkin Silverline 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
- Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card – Review by Computer Shopper (either the same card or close): Our Verdict: Nvidia’s mid-tier, Kepler-based graphics card was worth the wait, delivering excellent performance for the price while sipping less power than its predecessors and its direct competition.
In the review it states: “Note that you’ll need at least a 450-watt power supply for the board, and it requires two six-pin PCI Express power cables to provide juice. “
- 2ea PCI Express t-Pin Power cable
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)
- PSU: XFX 550W PRO550W Core Edition Single Rail ATX 12V 44A 24PIN ATX Power Supply 80PLUS Bronze
- Case: Rosewill THOR V2-W ATX Full Tower Case
- Hard Drives: 2ea Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB SATA 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB Cache 3.5IN Hard Drive OEM
- Optical Drive: Plextor PX-891SA-26 DVD/CD Writer
- Mouse: Logitech G500s Laser Gaming Mouse Wired Laser Mouse
- Keyboard: Rosewill RK-9000 Wired Standard Keyboard
Playing with PCPartPicker website. Permalink – http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2c3pq