I took the opportunity to do a lot of weathering on the boat. Not sure but I think it was to show that even something really small can be a model in it’s own right. In any case .. here’s the process:
- Primer: I used some primer I got from WalMart. ‘HomeShades’ grey – it appears to be the cheapest .. which is a good thing for modelers since ‘cheap’ usually means thin.
- Hairspray: TreSemmé Tres Two. I applied two coats making sure they were well dry.
- Interior paint: Flat white, again from WalMart, their cheap stuff.
- Exterior paint: valspar satin Leafy Rise (green)
- Chipping: let dry for about an hour and then using a stiff brush and water, I chipped the boat. Came out pretty good – had to use a pretty stiff brush.
- Wash: Used vallejo Dark Grey thinned with water
- OPR: Used two Mig oils – ‘Light Mud’ for the bottom of the boat and some ‘Engine Grease’ in the corners