I took a 18 in. tile (actually about 18-12 inches) and glued down some 1/3 in. strips .. with 2-1/2 in spacing between the long sides. This will let me pour plaster to form my road. The 1/4 in. wood dowel is 1/4 in. poplar from Lowes. I used some Aleens Tacky Glue as this ‘mold’ is only a one time use.
The round things .. well .. they are weights. They are used on a Tractor evidently .. found them at Tractor Supply .. could care less .. they work well as weights to hold the stripwood in place while the glue sets up.
I sprinkled some grout (SpectraLOCK) and then fine sift from Pave Base (Lowes → Decomposed Granite). I had a bottle of pump hairspray that has been sitting on my shelf or a year or so (before I found that aeosol was the way to go for the “hairspray technique”. I used this to hold the grout and decomposed granite down so the plaster won’t kick it up.
Well … I messed up from the ‘get go’. This may have been “quick and dirty” but it’s still a mold. I forgot to use any kind of release agent. The road was very ‘stubborn’ in releasing from the tile. That’s fine .. I’ll mark it up to “Lessons Learned” and do it again. I actually have some mold release – would have been very easy to paint that on before pouring the plaster in. That’s ok. I used this ‘mistake’ for a color test