Well .. finally got around to making a road from the Pump House to .. the world. I actually had to wait until I got the track in .. but with that done .. I had no more excuses.
I used some tin foil to make a quick mold and poured in a plaster mix.
I used a DAP product called “Wepatch 90”. Just something I had. It’s Gypsum based .. a Floor Leveler and Patch .. and .. “can also be used to patch drywall and plaster” .. figured .. ‘what the hey’. I scattered some sand and dry sweep I had used earlier for ballast along with some larger pieces of the dry sweep (clay) into the aluminum mold and then poured in the plaster. I laid a strip of Tulle on top of the plaster and poked and prodded it until it was immersed int he plaster. This will act as a hinge to some extent so I can mash and crack the plaster and it will stay together .. more or less.
In this photo I sprayed some AI wash on .. wasn’t sure what the road would be but I guess it’s gonna be concrete. It might look excessively damaged but .. hey .. that gives a ‘base’ for further patching with asphalt.