I picked up some floral wire at Walmart. This brand is wire wrapped with a white covering. It measures .025 in. dia .. in O scale about 1-1/4 in. I twisted this into a general ‘tree shape’. I picked up a roll of 28 Gauge brass wire that measures .011 in. dia which I have used to twist the smaller branches.
I’ll take my time with this twisting and forming. When finished the next step will be to try and see if I can add believeable twigs and leaves ..
|Continuing. Using mostly Modge Podge to smooth over the wires. Here and there going back to insert small branchlets. I sprayed on some tannish color earlier to help blend the various colors.|
|Used some spray adhesive and added static grass to create something to support the leaves. Lesson learned from this is .. not so heavy next time .. use less static grass. I brushed paint thinner over the limbs to remove grass I didn’t want.|
|I used medium and light green ‘leaves’ from NOCH .. sprayed the static grass clumps and sprinkled them on.|
NOCH medium and light green leaves were applied and worked pretty well. I placed it at the appropriate location on the layout for a photo op.