Once the CA had dried I used some Automobile Primer to fill low areas. The tank was built by covering those two dowels with cardstock and when dry as slightly dished on the sides. I cut a couple of pieces of file-card with the width slightly wider then the tanks. This will give a little lip on the ends of the tanks.
|There are several ways you can go with the tanks. Relatively modern tanks are welded and not riveted – and depending on who made it there might not even be much of a seam between the sides and ends. You could use the tanks ‘as is’ without the wrappers and simulate a weld bead where they join. The wrappers extend just a bit wider then the length of the tanks. You could also use some small dia wire glued inside that lip representing a weld bead. I’m again – trying to show that you can do things like this ‘on the cheap’|