|I colored the step section in red so it stands out. This is HO .. which means the height will remain the same but will need to be wider. Since the height of each step will be larger it will probably be only two steps. It will also extend further out the make the walk wider. To figure out all of that we need some dimensions.
|.. and so .. dimensions ..
- 36-5/8″ – The walkway as it turns around the end of the hood. In O scale this is 0.763″
- 49-5/8″ – This is the height of the step. The HO model scales to 0.57″. This in turn scales to 27.36″ in O scale. Trying to remember what numbers I am juggling here confuses me sometimes.
- 35-3/8″ – In O scale this scales to 0.737″
- Step heights – they vary all over the place .. 15-3/4″, 17-1/4″ and 15-3/8″. This averages out to 16-1/8″. In O scale this is 0.336″
- Step offsets – again, all over the place. 5-1/2″, 6-7/8″ and 9-7-8″. This averages out to 7-7/16″.
|This is like the third time I have worked on rescaling the step. The second one was way too long .. this time I added dimensions full-size/
||.. and .. here we go. This is of course just a quick and dirty modification of the GP38-2 engine. The parts in red are those that are added/created. The cab was just enlarged without any other change other than the front windows which I enlarged.